Sunday, December 11, 2005
Miss who?
Watched portions of the Miss World 2005 pageant last night (yes, yes, alongside the finals of Pinoy Big Brother) and still can't believe Ethiopia actually sent a representative to compete. Isn't it supposed to be one of the poorest countries in the world? How can it still afford to sponsor a beauty pageant contestant?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Correction Ethiopia maybe poor, but same goes with the Philippines. They just don't have a middle class. If you're poor, you are dirt poor. If you're rich, you are very rich. I have Ethiopian friends :)
i just find it sad that ethiopia's boxed in that stereotype wherein all the people there are poor and needing food. on the other hand, some countries may find it weird that the philippines has its own entry to the ms world pageant too.
I found it weird that the Philippines could host the SEA Games, but that's another story. Pao—thanks for clarifying about Ethiopia, I didn't know that :)
Post a Comment