Attended my first "required Christmas party" last night, and it was a complete bore. 3/4 of the invitees didn't show (yeah, we were one of the few suckers); not one person dressed up according to the theme, not even the organizers (so you really couldn't feel a hint of party spirit at all); and the food was way below expectations, considering the host was one of the country's top media corporations. We only stuck around until the very end because one of my co-workers joined the singing contest and we had to show moral support. Otherwise, I would've left and gone home and done our laundry. At least yan, productive.
And then there was some screw-up with our transportation going home so we had to take a cab with a cab driver from hell, and the traffic going to Makati was horrible...
I don't know if it was PMS, but let's just say when I got home last night, I was really crabby.
***
My first Christmas and New Year as a newlywed is turning out into a self-inflicted inner battle to satisfy and fulfill family obligations. To be fair, no one's saying anything, but I'm already feeling the pressures of who I should spend time with, when, and for how long.
***
One the bright side: Today is King Kong Day!
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmmm... my fam, we usually have christmas eve with my mom's side and christmas day lunch with dad's fam. new year is early new year's eve dinner with mom's side, then get home by 9 or so for dad's side of the family.
i'm so happy it's christmas! but all the work piled up is stressing me to no end.
Both my mom & dad side don't celebrate xmas. To us its just another day :) If I'm in the US, my friends and I just go eat out, LOL
Post a Comment