
Don't watch Star Wars if what you're after is mesmerizing acting or a well-written screenplay. We've never found those in all the previous Episodes, and we'll certainly never find them in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
But do watch Episode III if what you're looking for is:
-- Yoda talking trash
-- R2-D2 kicking ass (albeit briefly)
-- Closure as to why Anakin became Darth Vader. Trust my brother to snidely put things in perspective: "As usual, women are the cause of a man's downfall."
-- Breathtaking, edge-of-your-seat special effects. Before Peter Jackson's Middle Earth, not many remember that George Lucas was the pioneer in the "creating new worlds" department. The guy was (and still is) a visionary.
This is definitely the most malevolent of the franchise; the Star Wars of my childhood is indeed all grown up now. And while I'm no Star Wars geek, I feel sad that it's all over.
So please excuse me while I go and watch Episodes IV, V, and VI. I can't let go just yet.

2 comments:
LOL, I did that last night :D There was nothing to do, I bust out my DVDs and watched episode 4 - 6.
Told you, it sucks!!! At least, you pee sitting down :P
Aba! Semi-"Star Wars geek" ka rin pala! :)
Post a Comment