Saturday, May 07, 2005

"Spirits" ending was a let-down

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eric and I came home especially early last night so that he could catch the series finale of Spirits. I wasn't as avid a follower of the show as he was, but I wanted to watch it anyway because I read in the papers that it was going to be a blockbuster ending, with a spectacular fight scene involving hundreds of thousands daw. Since the show is a fantaserye, I was looking forward to an ending full of special effects and maximum impact.

To say that we were disappointed is an understatement.

The first half of the episode showed the forces of good amassing to challenge the forces of evil in the final battle that was supposed to determine the fate of the world. There was a nice show of the good guys' allies coming from different sides to join forces with them. Giant rock-men. Hawk-men. Etc. I didn't count hundreds of thousands of extras yet, but maybe more will show up later, I thought.

The bad guys looked a bit frightened but overall, determined. "Anytime now," Eric told me. "They're going to start blasting each other way."

But no. Just when we would start seeing the special effects, there was another scene. Three fairies rose from the ground, each carrying one of three stones of power (the only things that could stop the evil demon). The fairies released the stones into the air, and the stones formed a triangle above the bad guys. There was a bright light.....

And The End. Definitely The End because the credits had already started to roll. Ganun lang. No blasting. No yelling. Not one iota of a fight scene at all.

Eric was so pissed. I'm just glad we didn't have to pay to watch it.

1 comment:

Anndee said...

i think GMA 7's Engkantadia looks more promising...