Friday, July 01, 2005

De-stressing with "Friends"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've always liked Friends, but I never really LIKED them to the point that I would rearrange my schedule so that I could be home in time to watch it.

Eric, on the other hand, is a huge fan, so much so that when Astrovision went on sale early this year, he went and bought the DVDs of Seasons 1-8 (he bought season 9 when he went abroad and is now frantically searching high and low for Season 10). And ever since he started reliving the episodes, all our conversations and experiences have been punctuated by references to the show. "You know what Joey would say about something like this?" or "Funny, but the same thing kinda happened to Monica and Chandler." You get the point.

So I borrowed his DVDs and I am now hooked as well. The show is funny, is well-written, and the cast has great chemistry. If I had to watch it all over again, I would still find everything hilarious.

I'm on Season 3 now and some of my favorite quotes from the show:

Chandler: You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what is that about?

[Phoebe is cutting Monica's hair]
Phoebe: Relax, I know what I'm doing, this is how HE wears it.
Monica: How who wears it?
Phoebe: Demi Moore
Monica: Demi Moore is not a he.
Phoebe: Well, he was HE in ARTHUR and in 10, eh.
Monica: THAT'S DUDLEY MOORE., I said I wanted it like Demi Moore.
Phoebe: Oh, OH.
Monica: OH MY GOD.
Phoebe: I'm sorry, I'M SORRY. Which one is Demi Moore?
Monica: SHE'S the ACTRESS, who was in DISCLOSURE, INDECENT PROPOSAL, and GHOST.
Phoebe: Oh! Oh, she's got gorgeous hair.
Monica: I KNOW.

Joey: Ok Ross, you're gettin a divorce... you're angry, you're hurtin... can I tell you what the answer is?... STRIP JOINTS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sisters watches reruns daily on cable! i'm getting hooked as well...

Anonymous said...

FYI, Seasons 7 & 8 were bought in Hong Kong coz Warner Philippines isout of stock. Hopefully, I will have Season 10 this July :)

Anonymous said...

PS:
How you doin'?

He he :)