
The reviews I read and heard were split down the middle. There were some who called it "the worst Steven Spielberg movie ever," while others told me they're definitely buying a copy of the (original) DVD when it comes out. So Eric and I decided to judge for ourselves.
The verdict: well, except for the ending (which, yes, seemed rushed and bitin) it wasn't bad at all. My fingers were a bit numb after the film because I was squeezing Eric's hand all throughout from sheer suspense and fear. The aliens were scary, but the people's reactions to the chaos were scarier. The special effects was absolutely wow--I especially liked the scene when Robbie goes off to watch the military engage the aliens, and there is this huge explosions, and from within the flames, one of the alien creatures comes out. Coolness!
My only beefs: Tom Cruise didn't look at all like the father of a teen-age boy; while Dakota is really talented, her character was just annoying; and the ending really, really made us go "Ha?" Plus, my burning question of the day: why do the aliens outrightly incinerate some people but keep others as prisoner?
Still, we definitely got our money's worth. Compared to Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

4 comments:
Are you serious? War of the Worlds was very GAY!!!
now i'm having second thoughts whether or not to watch it.
how are the wedding preps coming along? on my cousin's wedding... it was stress stress stress, especially nearing and on the day itself, ON ME! LoL
Maybe the "gay ending" (re: microbes killed the Aliens) was based from the original 1898 novel?!
I really really hated the "Robbie" character, they should have just killed him when he went for a "courtside view" of the Tripods attacking the military. "Dad, I have to see this..., blah blah blah!" Whatever...!!
I was nearly deaf from the all of Dakota Fanning's screaming. Crazy little brat!
Tim Robbins' dilliussional character was great. Thumbs up!
I think the aliens should've killed both Robbie & Dakota, spoiled brats. Oh I forgot, they're in Massachaussets, home of blue blooded bleeding heart liberals like John Kerry & Ted Kennedy.
It all make sense now. No wonder Boston was left untouch, the liberals sided with the aliens than side with the US military.
Post a Comment