Monday, July 25, 2005

So sad, so wise

Call me a late bloomer, but I've only just recently begun to have an appreciation for the songs of Simple Plan. Their melodies are so catchy to the point that I was actually surprised to find out, upon closer inspection, that their lyrics are just so sad....sad, but also so true.

Were the ones who came here with Avril Lavigne for a concert a few months back? If yes, I'm going to kick myself...

From "Welcome To My Life:"
To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked
When you’re down
To feel like you’ve been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one’s there to save you
No you don’t know what it’s like
Welcome to my life

Another one from "How Could This Happen To Me:"
How could this happen to me
I’ve made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I’m fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just want to scream
How could this happen to me

Exerpt from "I'm Just A Kid:"
I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that its not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight

"When I'm With You" is really a fun song:
I wanna feel the way you make me feel
When I'm with you
I wanna be the only hand
You need to hold on to
But every time I call
You don't have time
I guess I'll never get to call you mine

Drop me a line if you want the mp3s!

No comments: