Friday, July 15, 2005

Pictures, pictures

I wasn't able to take as much photos as before because, again, I was either too tired or too busy. But here are some of them:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At Pebble Beach in Mabua, Surigao del Norte. There are white-sand beaches, pink-sand beaches...Surigao del Norte boasts of having the only pebble beach in the country. The pebbles come in all shapes and sizes and are said to have healing properties so people often bring some home to use to massage their feet or body. I don't have any photos but trust me when I say that the waters here were VERY CLEAR, I guess because there aren't any sands to make it cloudy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the coast of Siargao at low tide--the Siargao we saw when we arrived at 2pm. No world-class waves, no hunky foreign surfers. Grumble. This is actually the part of the island where the Cloud 9 waves form. The wooden structure is the famous Siargao boardwalk; if it's high tide, you can stand there so you can see Cloud 9 (and yes, the hunky surfers) up close.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now THIS is kinda the Siargao that I had in mind. No waves, but at least no muddy sand either. I took this photo from the edge of the Pansukian resort, the only high-end resort in the island that costs a whopping USD150 per person per night.

For all my dissatisfaction with this trip, I still take my hat off to the clouds in Mindanao:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Clouds over picture-perfect Lake Mainit, the 4th largest lake in the country, located in Agusan del Norte.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Clouds I saw on the way to Siargao.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Over ricefields.

I just realized that this is probably my last major (as in one where I have to ride an airplane) out-of-town trip as a single girl. Hopefully, my next travel pictures in this blog will be all about Europe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me? Or do I get the feeling, you kneeling is your trademark photo shoot? =P

Anonymous said...

heheh i thought i was the only one who noticed

Anonymous said...

awesome views;P

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry that you didn't see siargao with the enormous waves. but let me reassure you that it's not all just hype. hopefully, you'll get to see it under better circumstances--mga october! hehe! (i know, honeymoon time)
but wait--you didn't even see any of the hunky team siargao surfers hanging around???

Jaclyn said...

hey mari-an! wala nga e :( no good-looking guys at all! actually, now that i think about it, didn't see any good-loking guys during my WHOLE trip. grr. hehehe :)