This just in: former President Cory Aquino has just asked President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to resign. This follows in the heels of the mass resignation of 10 of PGMA's Cabinet members (who have also asked her to resign). The Liberal Party, led by Senate President Franklin Drilon, has also asked her to step down.
There is now huge rally in Makati City (no surprise, considering the mayor is a staunch supporter of the opposition), but the EDSA Shrine is still quiet. Most of the policemen who were sent to guard the shrine can, in fact, already be seen loitering here inside Galleria! Yup, it's that boring (so far).
Well personally, I hope it stays that boring for at least a week, because I don't want to be the only one in the office who won't get to participate in an EDSA gathering because I'll be leaving for Mindanao on Sunday! Ugh! Baka pag balik ko, iba na ang pesidente, and I'll have missed how it happened! Trite as it may already be, it's still history unfolding, and failing to be a part of it, I think, would be an opportunity I would regret more than not stepping on the sands Siargao.
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that all sounds so exciting, in a i'm-glad-i'm-not-in-that-kind-of-mess way. by the way, nice to meet you. maybe by reading your blogs i can keep myself updated with the philippines hehe. and i don't think i'll be able to watch fantastic four tonight either =( but anything is possible!
Post a Comment