Sidetrips to the mall aside, this weekend was officially Harry Potter weekend. I finished Half-Blood Prince last Saturday morning and felt so bitin, I went and started to re-read Books 1 to 5. Yes, I'm a Harry Potter nerd and proud of it!
***
So regarding Half-Blood Prince -- it was...okay. It's no better than Goblet of Fire but it was loads better than Order of the Phoenix. And yes, I can't wait for Book 7, because JK Rowling did not just leave a major cliffhanger at the end of HBP, she left loads. Which makes me wonder how thick the final installment would possibly be, because there were so many questions left unanswered.
***
My rant: the story was kinda dragging at the start. Chapter upon chapter of Ron and Hermione's non-stop tampuhan can get to be quite tiresome, while I felt Harry's obsession with finding out what Draco Malfoy is up to could have been written better. Still, as I said, the last 10 or so chapters more than made up for this lag.
***
Finally, today being SONA Day, here's a thought: Dumbledore for President!
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
reread books 1 through 5??? Damn! you sound like my sibs! and i've never even turned 1 harry potter page!(considering i'm the bookwerm in the fam!)
anyway, just to let you know... book 7 is so thick, it will come out in 2 volumes! call it marketing ploy to earn bigger bucks. hehehe
Post a Comment