Friday, July 22, 2005

Instant vacation

I nearly kissed my computer monitor when I saw the latest newsflash on the Philippine Daily Inquirer's website a few minutes ago: Monday is a non-working day in Metro Manila.

It said MalacaƱang declared a non-working day "to encourage and give opportunity to Filipinos to listen to the [State of the Nation] address of the President and be involved in the affairs of the country."

Yeah, right.

But hey, who cares what the reason is? I had been hankering for an honest-to-goodness vacation for the past days, and now I got one! Okay, so I won't be at a beach or some exotic locale; still, it's a week day where I can wake up as late as I want, not have to dress up, put on makeup, do my hair, smile even when I'm annoyed, or keep my cellphone within earshot. Yup, no complaints here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no fair! i want a holiday too. oooops i forgot mondays my day off:P and uhmmm we have no holidays:D

Anonymous said...

or could it be you're hankering for an extra day to read harry potter. hehehe