Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Extra challenge

Am finding my next assignment for Entrepreneur a bit intimidating. Per my editor, I have to:

"Interview three business owners who set up their company using funds from liquidated investment portfolios (i.e. stocks, mutual funds, trust funds, bonds, etc.) to come up with an article that discusses the pros and cons of raising capital this way, plus success tips."

There's always been something about business-y words like "investment portfolios" (along with "stock index," "trade volumes" and "market shares") that scare the be-jeezus out of me. Probably because I always associate them with figures and numbers and, well, I've never been good with those.

But since I'll be joining Entrep full-time (2 weeks and counting!!!), I need to suck it in and conquer this fear.

My other problem lies in finding interviewees. I've texted everyone I can think of for leads, from my old boss to my wedding videographer, but have gotten zilch. So am sending out a plea to cyberspace—if you guys know anyone who fit the above criteria, please, please email me. I'll give successful tipsters one free Summit Media magazine of their choice.

No comments: