
I was so excited to finally have a copy of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time that I read it as soon as I got home—without even bothering to wrap it in plastic first. And that's saying a lot.
Our hero is 14-year-old Christopher, a math whiz who eats only red-colored foods (because he hates the colors yellor or brown) and screams when anyone touches him. That's because he's autistic, and the story is told from his own point of view.
When the neighbor's dog is found dead, Christopher takes it upon himself to investigate the murder and find out who did it. In the process, he will find himself embarking on an adventure that will have him discovering more about himself, and us cheering him on.
It's a surprisingly feel-good novel that I finished in less than a week, and rather that feel sorry for Christopher, I actually found myself envying him at certain times. Not that I want to be autistic, but there is something to be said for how Christopher's autism allows him to view the world logically and simply, and that's something I wish we all can just do.

8 comments:
sounds like a good book. where did you get it?
I bought it in Powerbooks Shangri-La, and I spotted a couple at National Bookstore in Greenbelt the other day.
You wrap your books? Typical tsinoy :P
LoL all my precious culinary books are wrapped and tape with Scotch Magic Tape. i don't really bother with the others, although, maybe i should start wrapping my star trek novels. hehehe
magic tape? wow! lolz astig mahal yun. hehe i wrap culinary books too. i don't want to ruin them. my novels were previously wrapped too but im too lazy for it now:) besides i no longer read as much as i used to.
i only wrap my interior design books! hahaha.
jac! pahiram ng book! =)
Yes, I wrap ALL my books, even the second-hands ones that I buy in Filbar's or Booksale :) I'm very OC in that respect :)
Hey Anndee--Sure, pero wait lang ha, talagang kailangan ko munang balutin bago ko ipahiram sa iba, hehehe :)
i've wanted to read this for a week now... i'll borrow it some time after my school deadlines, ok?:)
Post a Comment