Had lunch with Eric and his mom the other day, at one of the lobby restaurants of the hotel where we'll be having the wedding reception.
It was a buffet spread, and for dessert, I had halo-halo.
The girl who prepared the halo-halo handed me a long, thin spoon that's commonly used for eating this kind of dessert. So I went back to our table and was happily mixing all the ice and condiments together when this Australian guy (Eric says he recognizes the accent) who's probably the restaurant manager or something appears at my side and hands me a big spoon, the kind used for eating the main course.
"For halo-halo, it's better to use the big spoon," he said, smiling.
"Oh, this was what they gave me. But thanks," I said. And as we exchanged spoons...
"A big spoon for a big girl," he said, still smiling, and left.
At first, I didn't want to put much thought into what he meant, but when Eric snickered, I knew even he was thinking what I was thinking.
Did that guy mean "big girl" as in he's talking about my size (which I really doubt)... or maybe he meant "big girl" as in "adult woman"? I really hope it's the latter.
"You should've stood up and asked him 'Who are you calling big?!'" I asked Eric with mock indignation. He just found it hilarious, and for most of the day yesterday, whenever we talked, he would find a way to call me a "big girl."
Am sure that guy meant "adult woman," what other reason could there be? Yeah, maybe that's how Aussies talk...
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
by australian standards, you're not literally big, jac. i'm sure he was just flirting! was he cute?;P
Hey Mari-An! Naks, may ego boost pa ako, hahaha. Hmm toa nswer your question... he looked a bit like William H. Macy... :)
tell eric, outside the kulambo sya on your wedding night. LoL
I think he really meant 'adult' when he said big.... yes, that's just it.... hahaha... aussie talks.... bad ERIC bad! .... *lol*
im sure he just meant adult:)
Post a Comment