
First, a summary:
Mel loves John. John loves Mel.
But Mel thinks John is a guy named Max...
Because the real Max called in a favor and told his buddy John to pretend to be him for awhile.
Overall, it's a funny story about attempted murder and mistaken identity, with a cute love story to match.
How cute? Check out this excerpt below:
[Note: The entire book/story is told via e-mails between the lead characters.]
[Note 2: "Nadine" is Mel's co-worker and best friend.
[Note 3: Even though he has to pretend to be Max, John/Max tells Mel that his nickname is "John." Which she naturally finds weird but...well, just read the book.]
=================================================
To: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
From: Nadine Wilcock <nadine.wilcock@thenyjournal.com>
Subject: See?
---------------------------------------------
I told you he'd call. Only he did better than calling. That's the biggest bouquet of roses I've ever seen. So, what does the card say?
Nad
=================================================
To: Nadine Wilcock <nadine.wilcock@thenyjournal.com>
From: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
Subject: OH, MY GOD
---------------------------------------------
HE LOVES ME!!!
The card says:
But to see her was to love her,
Love but her, and love forever
John
Did he make that up? It means me, right? Don't you think? The "her" is me? Oh my God, I'm so excited. Nobody's ever sent me flowers at work before, let alone with a card that mentions the "L" word!!!
Mel
===============================================
To: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
From: Nadine Wilcock <nadine.wilcock@thenyjournal.com>
Subject: My God,
---------------------------------------------
it doesn't take much to make you happy, does it? Of course the "her" in the poen is you. Who do you think he's talking about, his mother???
And no, Max did not make it up. Robert Burns did. How did you ever graduate from college? You really do know next to nothing....
Don't just sit there grinning like an idiot. Write him back, for God's sake.
Nad
=========================================
To: <jerrylives@freemail.com>
From: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
Subject: You shouldn't have
---------------------------------------------
sent all those roses....I just love them--and the quote too. I'm not very good at things like that. Quotes, I mean. But I think I have one in return:
If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
Good one, right? That's from Emma...
Love,
Mel
=========================================
To: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
From: <jerrylives@freemail.com>
Subject: How about this one?
-----------------------------------------------
I love you
Han Solo, Return of the Jedi
John
=========================================
To: <jerrylives@freemail.com>
From: Mel Fuller <melissa.fuller@thenyjournal.com>
Subject: How about this one?
-----------------------------------------------------
I know.
Princess Leia, Return of the Jedi
Mel
====================END OF EXCERPT=================
Kilig, right? Or maybe that's just me.

6 comments:
it's FUNNY!
That's just you!!!
Densha Otoko is better :) Supposedly its a real guy, so a book was publish, which is the guy's entire message post & replies in a Japanese forum. Then made to a movie, an anime, a TV Drama.
TOO GOOD!!!
Read this book too, it's good :) if you like meg cabot, try "All-American Girl." Another kilig chick lit with substance :)
hey jac! wrap that book up too! i also wanna borrow that! haha...
i think i'ma buy this one, eh?
kinilig ako eh. hehe.
i've had this book for almost a year now. but of course, haven't had the time to read it. it's on my list now, though. will definitely get to it right after i finish all the head-throbbing theory books from school.
Post a Comment